Ministry Position: Publications Coordinator
This position works alongside the ministry staff and lay leaders to produce print media that disseminate key information, support church ministries, and motivate others to participate in the life and mission of Northminster church.
- Coordinate with ministry staff and lay people to create content for print communications for the congregation, including weekly Sunday bulletins, worship materials, special event bulletins, booklets, brochures and more.
- Collaborate on proofing and quality assurance.
- Ensure timely printing and assembly of the weekly bulletin and worship materials with volunteer support.
- Print monthly newsletter, special event bulletins, booklets, brochures as needed.
- Maintain printer upkeep, supply inventory and vendor relations.
- Produce additional communication and outreach materials as needed and directed by Director of Communications and Public Engagement.
- Participate as appropriate, in brainstorming sessions and team meetings.
Qualifications and Attributes
- A love of Jesus Christ; a Christian disciple.
- Possess technical skills in written and oral communication; graphic design, highly desired.
- Be proficient using Microsoft Office (Publisher, Word, Excel) and Google Docs; experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) a plus.
- Exhibit strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Have a practical understanding of printing and publication processes.
- Ability to communicate amiably and effectively to other staff members, church members, callers and visitors of all ages, language skills and backgrounds.
- Committed to being part of a large team ministry.
Reports to the Director of Communications and Public Engagement
Terms: Part-time 12-month appointment; not to exceed 25 hours per week
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kathy Lee, Church Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.