Are you a Christian who has a way with words? Do you have a knack for paying attention to the details? Are commas “your thing”? Does the sight of a misspelled word drive you crazy? If so, you might be the ideal choice for the Publications Coordinator position at Northminster Church.
The Publications Coordinator serves as an integral part of the Northminster Presbyterian Church’s Communications team, producing printed materials and digital resources that disseminate key information, supports church ministries, and motivates others to participate in the life and mission of Northminster church.
- Write copy, edit and publish printed and digital materials, such as weekly church bulletin, Orders of Worship, special event bulletins, annual reports, inserts/booklets, flyers, brochures, and various special printed materials.
- Ensure high-quality materials with a high value on accuracy and a spirit of excellence.
- Ensure timely printing, assembly, and digital dissemination of weekly worship materials.
- Proofing, copywriting, editing, and content coordination. Adapt written text to match standardize format.
- Eliminate information overload and simplify complexity.
- Maintain copy machine upkeep, supply inventory and vendor relations.
- Manage virtual (Google Docs) Worship Planner
- Nurture and oversee volunteer support.
- Support church staff with large print runs of church publications and correspondence.
- Maintain physical and digital files of printed materials and related content.
- Assist with digital content implementation and other duties as assigned and directed by the Communications and Public Engagement Coordinator/Manager.
- Demonstrate clear communication, brand presence and consistency.
- Participate as appropriate, in brainstorming sessions and team meetings.
Qualifications, Key Knowledge and Skill Sets:
- A love of Jesus Christ; a Christian disciple.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including strong copywriting, highly detailed proofing of written material, spelling, punctuation, and grammar with an eye for accuracy
- Have a practical understanding of printing and publication standards and procedures.
- Be proficient using Microsoft Office (Publisher, Word, Excel) and Google (Drive, Docs, Forms, Sheets, etc.)
- Flexible self-starter, able to coordinate several tasks simultaneously while also being highly detailed oriented.
- Some graphic design and page layout knowledge, highly desired.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and technologies quickly
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently
Reports to the Communications and Public Engagement Coordinator
Terms: Part-time 12-month appointment; not to exceed 25 hours per week
Benefits: Flexible schedule
Paid Time Off
To apply, send resume to email@example.com